1⅓ cups graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light, melted
1½ cups reduced-fat milk (2 %)
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding
¼ teaspoon almond extract
1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Free (fat-free), thawed
Red and blue food color, optional
¼ cup sliced, chopped, or slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a spring-form pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, add graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mix together until the crumbs are coated. Set aside 2 tablespoons for the topping.
3. Spread the remaining crumbs evenly in the prepared pan. Pat the crumbs down.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place in refrigerator to quickly cool.
5. In the meantime, in a large bowl, add milk, dry pudding mix and almond extract. Beat with a wire whisk for about 2 minutes until thickened. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in 1½ cups Cool Whip. Spoon into cooled pan. Spread evenly.
6. To the pudding bowl add the remaining Cool Whip. Add one drop of each red and blue food coloring and gentle mix with a rubber spatula. This should create a light lavender colored batter. Spread this lavender batter evenly on top of the pistachio pudding batter.
7. Sprinkle the top evenly with the remaining 2 tablespoons of crumbs and sliced almonds.
8. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours to set. This can be made several days in advance. Store in refrigerator. It also freezes great.
for 1 slice
SmartPoints value : 6