1⅓ cup dried whole grain penne pasta
1 (6 ounce) package fresh spinach
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup onions, chopped
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 teaspoon dry mustard
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup evaporated fat-free milk
1 cup fat-free cottage cheese or fat-free ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup (4 ounces) ham, diced (you could use turkey ham)
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 9″ x 9″ baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions. Place spinach in a large colander and set in the sink. Pour cooked pasta over spinach in colander; drain well. Set aside.
3. Place onions on a microwave safe plate and cooked in the microwave for about 2 minutes until soft. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in nonstick pan. Add onions and cook for a few minutes. Stir in flour, dry mustard, and pepper. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Continue to cook and stir for 1 more minute. Stir in cottage cheese and 3 tablespoons of the Parmesan. Mix until cheese is mostly melted. Gently stir in pasta/spinach and ham.
4. Add pasta mixture to baking pan. Sprinkle top with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until the top starts to brown.
5. Cool for at least 10 minutes to slightly set. Cut into 4 squares. Use a spatula to remove each serving.
Makes 4 servings (each serving, 1 slice)
for 1 serving
2.5g sat fat
SmartPoints value : 8