1 cup onions, chopped
2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
1 cup fat free cottage cheese
½ cup fat-free sour cream or fat-free Greek plain yogurt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon to 1 teaspoon chili powder (depending on how spicy you want it)
½ teaspoon garlic powder
A little black pepper
8 (6-inch) Mission yellow corn tortillas or your favorite brand
1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light, melted
½ cup fat-free cottage cheese
1 cup fat-free sour cream or fat-free Greek plain yogurt
1 (4-oz) can Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles (mild), see shopping tip
⅓ cup scallions, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9” square pan with cooking spray. Glass or metal pan is fine.
2. In a large bowl microwave safe bowl, add onions and cook in microwave about 1-2 minutes, until soft. Remove from microwave and stir in chicken, cottage cheese, sour cream or yogurt, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and pepper.
3. In another bowl, mix together the enchilada sauce ingredients, butter, cottage cheese, sour cream or yogurt and green chiles. Mix well.
4. Place 4 tortillas, overlapping on the bottom of pan. Top with half the chicken mixture and spread a thin layer over the tortillas. Spread half the enchilada sauce evenly over the chicken. Repeat layers. The sauce should be on top.
5. Cover casserole with foil. Bake for 30 minutes, until heated through. Remove from oven, sprinkle with scallions evenly over the top of the casserole. Bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set. Cut into 6 servings. Be sure to use a sharp knife to cut through tortillas. Reheat in microwave or heat in a 350 degree oven until hot. If you want to serve it right away it will taste great but won’t hold together into firm slices.
Makes 6 servings (each serving, 1 slice)
for 1 slice
2g sat fat
SmartPoints value : 8