1 bunch (8 ounces, about 3 cups) broccolini, cut into bite-size pieces
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons shallots or onions, minced
1 cup Arborio rice, see shopping tip
¼ cup white wine
1 cup vegetable broth, heated
¾ cup water, heated
1. Coat a nonstick pan with cooking spray. Add 2 teaspoons olive oil and heat. Add garlic and broccolini. Stir-fry until broccolini is soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a nonstick saucepan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium. Add shallots; sauté about 3 minutes. Stir in rice; sauté 1 minute.
3. Add wine and deglaze the pan; simmer stirring constantly until the liquid has evaporated.
4. Stir in ½ cup warm broth and simmer until liquid is absorbed. Stir frequently; adding more broth and then warm water in ½ cup increments only after the previous liquid is absorbed. When all liquid has been added and absorbed the risotto cooked.
6. Add in sautéed broccolini and blend well.
7. Serve at once.
Makes 4 servings (about 1 cup each)
for 1 serving
2.5g sat fat
SmartPoints value : 8