1½ cups (6 oz) uncooked whole wheat or whole grain penne pasta, I used Barilla Whole Grain
½ pound extra lean ground beef, see shopping tip
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 cup zucchini, chopped (about 1 medium)
1 cup onions, chopped
1 (10-oz) container Buitoni refrigerated light Alfredo sauce, see shopping tip
½ cup fat-free cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
Fresh black pepper, to taste
½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2½ -quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Cook pasta to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain.
2. In large nonstick skillet, cook and break up ground beef over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the fresh garlic. Continue to cook for about 2 minutes or until beef is browned. Pour into a colander and drain all the fat. Add back to pan.
3. In the meantime, add the zucchini and onions to a microwave safe plate. Cook in microwave for about 4 minutes, until soft. Add to pan of browned beef. Stir in cooked pasta, Alfredo sauce, cottage cheese, tomato and a little pepper. Mix well. Spoon mixture into sprayed casserole.
4. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top of casserole.
5. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
Makes 6 servings (about 1⅓ cups each)
for 1 serving (1⅓ cup)
2g sat fat
SmartPoints value : 8