Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 1/8 slice
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp sweetener (I used Stevia)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp of sea salt
- 1 Tbsp butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Guinness® Extra Stout Beer
- 2 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsweetened chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp Guinness® Extra Stout Beer
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- *Optional ingredients are not included in nutritional calculations.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease a 6 cup bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugars, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Stir well. Add in softened butter, applesauce, egg whites, egg and vanilla and beat with a hand mixer until fully combined.
- Using a spoon, fold in Guinness® and chocolate chips until batter is smooth.
- Pour mixture into the bundt pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let dry on a wire cooling rack before glazing.
- Prepare glaze by microwaving chocolate, butter and Guinness® in a microwave safe dish for about 1½ minutes, stopping to stir at 30 seconds. Using a spoon, drizzle glaze over the cake and dust with (optional) powdered sugar.
Per Serving (1/8 slice):
Sat. Fat: 3g